Last Updated: 02/26/2020
FMCSA Clearinghouse / Med-Stop as the FMCSA Clearinghouse TPA
You can use Med-Stop as your company FMCSA Clearinghouse TPA. All reporting and querying will be integrated into your company Med-Stop account, you will get the compliance alerts for the missing pre-employment and annual, limited queries.
To start using Med-Stop as the FMCSA Clearinghouse TPA:
- Make sure you are registered with the FMCSA Clearinghouse - if not please click here to register.
- During the registration or later using your FMCSA Clearinghouse account - send the request to MED-STOP (search exactly for MED-STOP) to be your company FMCSA Clearinghouse TPA.
- Print, read carefully and sign the "Med-Stop Third-Party Administration of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse Agreement" - available in the Med-Stop FMCSA Clearinghouse reports - fax signed document back to Med-Stop fax number (877) 867-5768 or scan and upload the agreement.
- Med-Stop verifies your FMCSA Clearinghouse TPA request, received, signed Med-Stop TPA agreement and after your company is approved, confirms the FMCSA Clearinghouse TPA assignment for your company.
- If you are not registered with the FMCSA Clearinghouse, not designated MED-STOP as the TPA or we did not receive the signed agreement - the Med-Stop TPA service cannot be enabled.
- Med-Stop is the TPA only for the FMCSA Clearinghouse querying and reporting - Med-Stop is not the TPA for all other FMCSA, DOT-regulated tasks.
- You are still responsible for being in the full FMCSA Clearinghouse compliance - designating TPA does not transfer the regulatory responsibility to the TPA
- Your company has to purchase a Query Plan on the FMCSA Clearinghouse page - click here for more information.
- Med-Stop as your company FMCSA Clearinghouse TPA will NOT be able to perform queries if your company has not purchased them.
- Med-Stop will report required information to the FMCSA Clearinghouse - as long as it is properly recorded in the Med-Stop system. You are responsible for keeping your applicant, employee information up to date and correct. If there are any pre-employment or return-to-duty tests that are performed outside of the Med-Stop system and should also be reported to the FMCSA Clearinghouse - you have to enter them into the Med-Stop.