Last Updated: 02/26/2020
FMCSA Clearinghouse / Med-Stop as the FMCSA Clearinghouse TPA
You can use Med-Stop as your company FMCSA Clearinghouse TPA. All reporting and querying will be integrated into your company Med-Stop account, but please remember, you as the Company representative are still responsible for all reporting and querying. Med-Stop provides the compliance alerts as well as the abnormal test information and the interface to the FMCSA clearinghouse, but all actions require the initiation by the Company representative.
To start using Med-Stop as the FMCSA Clearinghouse TPA:
- Make sure you are registered with the FMCSA Clearinghouse - if not please click here to register.
- During the registration or later using your FMCSA Clearinghouse account - send the request to MED-STOP (search exactly for MED-STOP) to be your company FMCSA Clearinghouse TPA.
- Print, read carefully, and sign the "Med-Stop Third-Party Administration of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse Agreement" - available in the Med-Stop FMCSA Clearinghouse reports - fax signed document back to Med-Stop fax number (877) 867-5768 or scan and upload the agreement.
- Med-Stop verifies your FMCSA Clearinghouse TPA request, received, signed the Med-Stop TPA agreement, and after your company is approved, confirms the FMCSA Clearinghouse TPA assignment for your company.
- If you are not registered with the FMCSA Clearinghouse, not designated MED-STOP as the TPA, or we did not receive the signed agreement - the Med-Stop TPA service cannot be enabled.
- Med-Stop is the TPA only for the FMCSA Clearinghouse querying and reporting - Med-Stop is not the TPA for all other FMCSA, DOT-regulated tasks.
- You are still responsible for being in the full FMCSA Clearinghouse compliance - designating TPA does not transfer the regulatory responsibility to the TPA
- Your company has to purchase a Query Plan on the FMCSA Clearinghouse page - click here for more information.
- Med-Stop as your company FMCSA Clearinghouse TPA will NOT be able to perform queries if your company has not purchased them.
- You are responsible for keeping your applicant, employee information up to date and correct. If there are any pre-employment or return-to-duty tests that are performed outside of the Med-Stop system and should also be reported to the FMCSA Clearinghouse - you have to enter them into the Med-Stop.
- All FMCSA Clearinghouse actions have to be initiated by the company representative logged into the Med-Stop.